Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Restringing a Edge zero II

I love my RG1xxv. But I sometimes find that as I restring the string pops out at the bridge. It just feels like there is not a lot of distance to push string in before you clamp it in saddle. I always turn saddle screw bit tighter on G B E , even though I usually do not do that as it is advised against with Floyd's. I am no noob I have been restringing Floyd's for years but very frustrating if you buy some more expensive strings to have one or two pop out lay as you restring.

I change one string at a time, I have not lifted the saddle blocks out to inspect and I keep the guitar clean. I cut about two inches above ball end and feed that into saddle block.

Any ideas or tips?
I always end up restringing the guitar and I just want a more robust string change technique to prevent this popping out of strings . This is occasional occurrence and very frustrating.

Thx guys

Thought,
I did not prop something under term to stop it moving, maybe as I replaced each string my trem moved hence string had tendency to pop out under stress of moving. Maybe I need to block the treor stop it from moving as I do the string change, I had nothing to stop trem moving as I replaced each string ...

Maybe it is that?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi there,

You could always inspect the stop blocks and the route for it if there's any broken strings there or groove that prevents it from locking properly.

If everything looks alright, make sure you put the string to the bottom of the cavity and lock, tighten it hard! But don't velve it toghether :p

I usally only block the trem if I want to remove all the strings at once and clean the fretboard etc.

Otherwise I change the strings one and one, unblocked.

Hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts