Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - been a little slow to post lately.

We added a couple of cool Ibby's to the "house" collection this year. I found a cool RT452 12 string near mint & mislabeled at GC, stole it, and I traded an artist I work with in Germany for his 8.5/10 RG770DXvm. Sweet guitar - I'd pop it in the Gallery here but it doesn't seem to want to take photos from me anymore. I'll get a NGD going...

We've been busy here with all the new model happenings. Here's the new Kingbolt RA in Gold Burst - Korina body, Wilkinson Trem, Railhammer Anvil (bridge) and Hyper Vintage (neck) pickups, and our new Six Bolt neck joint. Set up & ready to go, it streets around $949.. We seem to have struck a weird niche/nerve with this one. All variations are moving.

Jemsite opinions always welcome...

·
Super Moderator
7,394 Posts
Looks like the Wolfgang's hot little sister :D

I feel kinda 'wrong' saying that, on so many levels!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
You're just going to keep on until I can't help but buy a Rev aren't you? You guys are doing some really, really cool stuff over there. I really dig the finish on this one.

Just curious, but what's the science/logic behind the neck bolt config change?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're just going to keep on until I can't help but buy a Rev aren't you? You guys are doing some really, really cool stuff over there. I really dig the finish on this one.

Just curious, but what's the science/logic behind the neck bolt config change?
We started doing a sig model for Pete Anderson last year called the Eastsider - basically a hot-rodded Korina Tele. He wanted us to do a nod to the eighties slanted-in style neck joint, which as you guys know I was already a fan of. Joe Naylor wanted to go to the six-bolt for more stability - and had the idea of adding to pickguard screws to the middle of the plate so it doesn't flop around should the neck be removed. We liked the results, so we started using it across the line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts