Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted review of RG760 last week but still not showing up.
How long does it take?
When I finished, it said Review Successfully Submitted.

I want to do more reviews, but need to make sure there's no problem with system.

Thanks

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?
I see others getting posted.
Is there a person in control of that function?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
not sure...I'm still wondering why after submitting my 10th review about 2 years I still haven't go my reviewers badge and access to the Reviewers club...also wondering why the search function still doesn't work when that was pointed out a long time ago as well...

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure...I'm still wondering why after submitting my 10th review about 2 years I still haven't go my reviewers badge and access to the Reviewers club...also wondering why the search function still doesn't work when that was pointed out a long time ago as well...
Hopefully, the person in charge of the Review Section will see our pleas for help.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I think Alaskabat used to be handling the review section but he's obviously gone so not sure if someone different has been appointed

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Alaskabat used to be handling the review section but he's obviously gone so not sure if someone different has been appointed
I just saw that alan_w is admin of section. I sent him a message to let him know our problemd there.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying to send you PM about info I got, but your inbox says FULL.

I'll try again when you clear it. I got good info!

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Sorry, I'm the sole person left running the reviewers club, and life really hasn't given me the time required to maintain anything.

I haven't been able to spend time going through new entries, because quite frankly most are usually really badly written, and the effort required to fix up the names of products, add links, fix spelling, grammar, punctuation, paragraphs just takes too long for me to be able to take care of it all.

I'm not sure if there's anyone really willing left who also has the time to maintain it all. Alan emailed me earlier in the week to see how things are going, but quite honestly not much is going on, and not that many reviews are generally put through anyway.

Combined with the absolutely atrocious search feature I don't think it really gets used that much anymore anyway.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, I'm the sole person left running the reviewers club, and life really hasn't given me the time required to maintain anything.

I haven't been able to spend time going through new entries, because quite frankly most are usually really badly written, and the effort required to fix up the names of products, add links, fix spelling, grammar, punctuation, paragraphs just takes too long for me to be able to take care of it all.

I'm not sure if there's anyone really willing left who also has the time to maintain it all. Alan emailed me earlier in the week to see how things are going, but quite honestly not much is going on, and not that many reviews are generally put through anyway.

Combined with the absolutely atrocious search feature I don't think it really gets used that much anymore anyway.
Are you basically telling us all to not bother posting reviews?
I know mine went though the spell checker.
If you're saying that it's just too time consuming for you, then it's much more time consuming for the person actually writing them.

what is the bottom line here, not bother to post reviews anymore and shut the club down?

Thanks for replying to our help request!

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
I really don't know. The site owners were the ones who set up the scheme, but really haven't had any involvement for a very long time. Anyone that was a member on the site who worked on it has either ended up with too much on their plate to be able to help, or banned for known reasons.

Trust me, if you saw what many people think passes for a quality review then you would know that the moderator spends a lot more time working on fixing them! :lol: Many reviews are either pointlessly short, terribly written rambling messes that need a lot of work to make any sense of it, or just extremely badly written with no spell checks, or efforts made with punctuation or paragraph spacing.

Editing almost always takes a lot more time than actually writing. ;)

I really don't know what to do with the club, I still haven't heard back from the site owner. It must not be that important..

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I really don't know. The site owners were the ones who set up the scheme, but really haven't had any involvement for a very long time. Anyone that was a member on the site who worked on it has either ended up with too much on their plate to be able to help, or banned for known reasons.

Trust me, if you saw what many people think passes for a quality review then you would know that the moderator spends a lot more time working on fixing them! :lol: Many reviews are either pointlessly short, terribly written rambling messes that need a lot of work to make any sense of it, or just extremely badly written with no spell checks, or efforts made with punctuation or paragraph spacing.

Editing almost always takes a lot more time than actually writing. ;)

I really don't know what to do with the club, I still haven't heard back from the site owner. It must not be that important..
Thanks for explaining it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts