Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm gonna change the switch, pots and caps an my RG. I have one thing that I need help with though, well my questions are the following:

1. Can I twist together all of the ground wires from all of the pickups, output jack, tone pot and one that's grounded underneath the middle pickup and solder them to the volume pot?

2. If I can do the above should I also solder to the same solder joint the wire that's grounded to the tremolo claw?

thanks in advance for your help,regards

Nelson

·
Registered
98 Posts
dont advice on doing that...if you want/need to change a pu in the future it would be harder b/c of all that wires soldered together

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont advice on doing that...if you want/need to change a pu in the future it would be harder b/c of all that wires soldered together
so what you're saying is that it doesn't matter really. The ground wires don't have to be all together, right? Thanks for the info guys, regards
Nelson

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, as long as they start where they should, and get wired to the right ground point, you're fine.
Hi, this is probably my last question before I solder tomorrow everything in one shot and here it goes. I'm thinking of soldering all the ground wires from pickups, output jack ground, a grounded wire that comes from the middle pup cavity and the ground wire that's connected to the trem claw all to the volume pot, also a wire from a grounded cap on the tone pot to the volume pot. In your opinion does this sound ok?

Thanks,
Nelson

·
Registered
167 Posts
I agree, a ground is a ground... but 'RUBLAUP' is right. You should spread them out, even if it's just two places on the same pot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts