Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm looking to purchase a new guitar and I'm looking at an RG 2120X and AR2000 which my local dealer fortunately still has in stock. I'm very interested in the RG 2120X for its versatility, yet I'm interested AR2000 for its undeniable beauty (I also read reviews stating that its sound is GREAT). Yet, does the sound RG 2120X match up to AR2000? Any help from you guys is greatly appreciated.

·
Vendor
26,387 Posts
local dealer - in stock

Is there something keeping you from just going in and listening to them for yourself? ;)

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
If it were me, (i've got 2 RGs, have owned at least a dozen and a Jem) I'd end up with the Artist. The 2120 and a set of DiMarzios sound great as well. Let your hands and ears tell you which one to buy.

Keep saving and buy both!

Scott

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
do you want a Piezo equipped RG w/ floating trem or a double-cutaway classic axe? Test drive both... glen

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently there are no Japanese or American guitars in their store, only Koreans and Chinese. I'd have to place an order for a high-end instrument, so technically I can't test-drive them. That's why I'm asking the questions above. Sorry I didn't tell the question properly.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
i'd still test drive the Korean equivalent because they will have a similar - but "cheaper - look and feel vs the upscale counterparts. it really is a simple decision as both are the same caliber of axe just totally different style. i myself bought the AR2000 and have zero interest in a piezo RG but YMMV ;) ....glen

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Well, I searched around and what did I find? A used RG 3120 signed by none other than Paul Gilbert! The price is about 3000 Malaysian Ringgit (about $800 USD). Unfortunately it's made in the year of the Edge Pro. Anyway, do you guys think it's a good deal? And do I need to look out for anything to determine its an original? Thanks in advance.

P.S: The pups are thankfully the Paf Pro and Tone Zone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts