Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the guy is finally done and it will be here tomorrow, trading it for a js100.
The 550 has 2 evo's and one yjm middle pickup.
I have a few questions for you guys:
what should I do to customize this guitar cosmetically? Without drilling that is, no monkey grips or claws.
Anyways let me know your thoughts, I'll post pics tomorrow when I get it in.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nice. Well without drilling and such, you could give it a new paintjob, if the paint is wearing off, which old yellow Ibanez's tend to do.

Or get a new pickgaurd or differnt pickup colors or something

Other than that, i dunno. Enjoy your new guitar tho!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
there's a great 550DY in one of the customised guitar threads on this site... i think the guy calls it chiquita banana or something. it has a clear pickguard and blue pickups. it rocks.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I covered the pickguard on mine with contact paper, and lost the single coil. Then I put in a Les Paul switch. I also pulled the black dots and had them replaced with all different colors, but that's another story :lol:
Since you'll have such good pickups in yours already, I would ditch the black pickguard but that's probably it.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
If you like the pickups, leave them right in there. But if not, change them out for DiMarzios. At the minute I am really loving the ToneZone/PAF Pro combo. But I am really liking dual PAF Pro's too. But obviously thats all your choice.

Other than that, same as all the others have said. New pickguard maybe, new knobs and stuff.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.