Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I thought you said you were going to buy the one that I offered to you in a couple days....
??

Are you serious or are you just collecting pics???

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im looking around, Im not a fan of the white pickguard. And why has it only got one volume Knob and no tone control?

·
Registered
571 Posts
schecter_blue said:
Im looking around, Im not a fan of the white pickguard. And why has it only got one volume Knob and no tone control?
I have a black guard for it, I custom ordered the pickguard without a tone control hole because I never use a tone control.
It's still wired up and functional, but under the guard.
Telling me you weren't interested in it because of these issues or asking those questions would have been better than saying "I'll buy it in a couple days"....

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Guys, I'm much more leanient on WTB/Looking For ad's, But please take any problems or issues private, It's not good reading, Not great to see, and definately open to more people getting involved. These issue's can easily be resovled, quickly and quietly via PM or E-Mail.

Thank you

Rob

·
Vendor
26,378 Posts
I see it different. It's good for prospective sellers to know that the buyer has once said "I'll buy it in a couple days".... when evidently he really had no intention to do so. How many timres have you been stiffed by a buyer that really wasn't, and how many plans that you made as a result of that "sale" were then ruined?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi - I have a couple of RG550's you may be interested in and I have 2 that are currently under reconstruction.
1) 98 model - AANJ , Black, Black scratchplate, 2 x PINK PAF pros & 1 x pink jem single,
Maple neck and board, very clean only few minor marks, edge trem.
2) 91 model - SNJ, lazer blue, black scratchplate, V7/V8 pickups, pretty standard.Lopro edge bridge
3) 91 model - natural finish, v. light laquer finish, mahogany (real wood) scratchplate, rosewood board, Fred and Seymour 'JB' pickups, coil tap,cosmo edge bridge and hardware. (guitar still under construction)
4) 89 model - White (exactly like 7VWH) with out the claw and grip. Tone zone and evo pups. Chrome edge and hardware. (guitar still under construction)

Please email me for pics if you are interested (i havent got any at minute) but will get some over to you asap.
Or if you have a colour in mind with your choice of trem / p-up and scratchplate configuration I could see what I can do. Dependent on how urgently you want one.

[email protected]

Let me know!
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Rich said:
I see it different. It's good for prospective sellers to know that the buyer has once said "I'll buy it in a couple days".... when evidently he really had no intention to do so. How many timres have you been stiffed by a buyer that really wasn't, and how many plans that you made as a result of that "sale" were then ruined?
Agreed in a way, Thats really the purpose of the buyers/sellers/re-sellers forum no? And bro, You know first hand exactly what i missed out on due to "prospective buyers" dropping out with no say so.

Rob

·
Vendor
26,378 Posts
Nobody is ever going to look at a classified, and then go search the other forum for anything related. If you want people to know then it needs to be where the guitar [or want add] is to begin with ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry Guys, Im looking at as many of these As i can for the best price, at the moment Ive been offered a Nice black RG 550 in excellent condition for $500 including shipping, I think its best to look around before i make the purchase, one of the reasons being im getting the mooney on saturday for my birthday... Jim, sorry but the white pickguard put me off and the tone control, at first i was very interested, and i am again considering you said that you have a black pickguard and that the tone control is hooked up. Have you got pics with the black guard fitted? Also anyone who wants to offer me one of these guitars i will consider, but i am currently considering this $500 one at the moment, so its really a case of finding the most affordable one for me, please dont be offended and im sorry for saying i will buy. Dont worry guys i am interested in all of your guitars, and in future to save arguments, i will say i will consider :p thanks everyone

·
Registered
817 Posts
Hey, im selling one, eletric green, all original parts with case, send me an email sabu13k AT yahoo.com. il sell it for 275 plus shipping

·
Registered
166 Posts
Didn't these things sell $550.00 new?

schecter_blue said:
Sorry Guys, Im looking at as many of these As i can for the best price, at the moment Ive been offered a Nice black RG 550 in excellent condition for $500 including shipping, I think its best to look around before i make the purchase, one of the reasons being im getting the mooney on saturday for my birthday... Jim, sorry but the white pickguard put me off and the tone control, at first i was very interested, and i am again considering you said that you have a black pickguard and that the tone control is hooked up. Have you got pics with the black guard fitted? Also anyone who wants to offer me one of these guitars i will consider, but i am currently considering this $500 one at the moment, so its really a case of finding the most affordable one for me, please dont be offended and im sorry for saying i will buy. Dont worry guys i am interested in all of your guitars, and in future to save arguments, i will say i will consider :p thanks everyone

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yes lock it up, its my birthday today:d and i got alot more money then I had been expecting so now I have $900 to spend on a guitar:D Im after a Jem:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.