Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 90's Japanese RG550 with the Quantum humbuckers(out of some S series from the same era, they are ceramic) instead of the V7/V8 that came originally.
My electronics have very bad connections and are scratchy when using the volume/tone knobs, and switching pickup positions.

I want to renew the electronics, replace everything but the pickups.
Can someone point me to the right direction? i guess i need volume and tone pots(500k? dimensions?), capacitors, 5 way switch, anything else?

Also, is it possible to coil tap/split those pickups? and if so, is it worth it?

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would look at companies like 920d Customs and Jonsey. See what they offer and either buy harnesses from them or buy the same parts they use and do it yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, i have a 90's Japanese RG550 with the Quantum humbuckers(out of some S series from the same era, they are ceramic) instead of the V7/V8 that came originally.
My electronics have very bad connections and are scratchy when using the volume/tone knobs, and switching pickup positions.

I want to renew the electronics, replace everything but the pickups.
Can someone point me to the right direction? i guess i need volume and tone pots(500k? dimensions?), capacitors, 5 way switch, anything else?

Also, is it possible to coil tap/split those pickups? and if so, is it worth it?

Thanks
See what they offer and either buy harnesses from them or buy the same parts they use and do it yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts