Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im sure Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit once had an Ibanez Musician that he converted to 4 string, i think he later had Yamaha make him a 4 string signature model.

It may have some off the wall tuning or some other unorthodox use case, interesting none the less :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Im sure Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit once had an Ibanez Musician that he converted to 4 string, i think he later had Yamaha make him a 4 string signature model.

It may have some off the wall tuning or some other unorthodox use case, interesting none the less :)
I don't care who disagrees with me. I love Wes Borland. He's got style, and is a creativity genius.

I'm pretty sure PRS made him custom 4-strings. If I am not mistaken, Nookie used said 4-string in an AADG tuning. The first A was actually from a bass. It had one bass saddle, three guitar saddles, and two separate outputs, one for the bass and one for the guitar (bass and guitar pickups). That just sounds so cool to me. I'd love to fool around with a 4-string one day...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Thats very true, i forgot about his stint with PRS, i think he moved to Yamaha later.

Ive got alot of time for guitarists like Wes, im more interested in sound rather than guitar if that makes any sense? I spend alot of time with synths, piezo equipped stuff etc

I like his work on the song Boiler from one of the early LB albums

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.