Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waazzzuuuppp guys? I have been spending an incredible amount of time researching and learning about these Ibanez RG 760 (prestige) and am 99.99% sure mine is this model.... i just cant put a value to it. So if I could get your expertise? possibly even find an interested buy/trader I would be happy for either.... thanks

·
Registered
437 Posts
1) RG 760 is NOT a "prestige". Its MIJ but predates any prestige moniker guitars.
2) We have absolutely no way of sharing our "expertise" with this because we have no explanation or pictures of the guitar in question. The fact youre calling it a "prestige" after "incredible amount of time researching and learning" is more concerning than relieving
3) In the case this is actually an RG760, the "value" of it is an enormous range. Its value is somewhere between 300$ and 1000$
4) This isnt ebay dude. Plenty of resources available to buy and sell instruments online.

·
Administrator
7,570 Posts
If you’re looking for a value, eBay and Reverb will tell you the current market for these guitars.

If you’re looking for a buyer here, we have a classified ads section, but just be sure to put your location in your profile.

·
Registered
437 Posts
That is a beautiful guitar! Yeah dude, its definitely an RG760; the F series pickups and the sharkfin inlays give that away.

"Prestige" is a specific range of guitars. The older MIJ guitars from the late 80s and early 90s are "just as good" as a prestige, but they arent named as such. That said, I wasnt joking about the value being like though; the 760 isnt as desireable as a 770 for some reason, so they dont typically sell as well... though I've honestly not seen a 760 that clean for sale in a long time. 700-900 would be "fair" value Id imagine though, but youre going to be waiting for a "right buyer" for that one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on, Jono I appreciate it. A friend actually was gonna pawn it and I just happened to run into him at store on his way to pawnshop and I was able to strike a deal even though it was obviously in dire need of some TLC so this has been my COVID-19 project learning about floyd rose trems and hours of research down the ibanez rabit hole..... thanks again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey thanks fellas..... I figure I should pick the jemsite brain for any tips on optimal strings for it it had what were once 9s onit and then I upped to spme EB 10s regular slinky but not sure if they are ideal? Id like to keep it as OG as possible....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Use whatever set of strings you like. Just be aware that changing gauges will require some basic setup work such as; truss rod adjustment, intonation and re-balancing the tension of the springs against the change is string tension(this would all apply if you decided to change tuning, like going to Eb or D).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts