Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new rg470na and i really like the stock p/ups, but i think i am going to install a couple evo p/ups...any feedback ???

·
Registered
554 Posts
What kind of sound are you going for? I have a higher output pickup on an ash body (Fender Enforcer), and it works for me in some ways, but a lower output pickup can be good in a harder wood body like ash.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats exactly what i don't want...the original p'ups do sound good, heard they were made by dimarzio, similar to the paf 36th...i want punch with clarity...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and PLEASE don't suggest the crunch lab or tone zone...thinking WAY out of the box...maybe a steve's special

·
Registered
8 Posts
The inf2 is in the 16k range, similar to a duncan JB as far as dc resistance and magnet too, alnico5, I dunno how similar they sound though as I've never owned an inf2.

The inf1 is about 8.1k, and has a ceramic mag, so I'm not sure what that would compare to.

The inf1-inf2 combo seems to be pretty similar to something like having a Duncan JB in the bridge and a '59 with a ceramic magnet swap in the neck. I'm guessing that is what they intended with them by the approx wind resistance. I ordered one of those ash bodied rg's too, I love that look and was powerless to resist. I guess I'll find out myself what the pickups sound like in the next week or so. If they have that hideous congested overwound yowl sound, they will be yanked and recycled for fridge magnet duty...

To be honest, with that guitar, I'd probably get some old ibanez super 70's and throw in there... But then I don't really like the sound of overwound pickups, a total paf junkie, so my opinion of good guitar sound might be quite different than yours. Maybe try some super58's, as you can buy them right off the ibanez web store, and they are cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts