Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an owner of a Jem7VWH.

I would like to buy an RG series guitar and change it up a little, but want a quality base to start from.

What I really want is an Alder or Ash body and SSS.

I know this does not exist but would settle for something with an HSH that I could throw a couple single coils into.

I like the mass of the RG series for the tone that their bodies have because there is so much material there, unlike the S or SA series.

I love and am familiar with the Wizard and Jem necks, having owned three Ibanez guitars, Jem, SA and S series.

I really want a 22 or 21 fret neck because it will allow me to get the throaty sound out of the single coil neck pickup.

I would really like the fixed bridge if possible for the sustain, but will be glad to find the other features in a floating bridge.

I would really like the dot inlays and NOT the sharktooth.

What should I be searching for either used or new?

Please help.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Just build it, then you can have exactly what you want. Nothing comes to mind that fits those specs, and if you are going to have to seriously re work the guitar to get what you want...

·
Registered
571 Posts
musikron is right.... custom body is about the only way to go. you can pick up a wizard II neck inexpensively, trim off the over lap and now you have 22.... ensure that the body specs fit the neck to ensure scale length is right.

if you decide to do this project post pics so we can follow along...

have you thought about an AT series or RT series and modifying from there? the RT is an RG shape in alder. you would have to fix the bridge but that would at least be a start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.