Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, after a few years of not owning an ibanez (jem addiction sure is one hell of a monkey, and one major regret once you have to sell them!) I started noticing how many ibanez guitars are in pawn shops! I spotted an rg350dx in black and this thing was trashed! The pickups were gunked, wiring looked really ropey, the locking nut looked like it had been used as a chew toy and the neck and body were full of HOLES!! So having a soft spot for this model as it was my first ibanez in white, and knowing how easy they are to give the frets a good stone and profile, change any that need it and just give it a new set of tuners and locking nut i have lying around, but my question is-i haven't worked on the newer trem on these models its the one with a roller knob you can access via the backplate currently and its in pretty bad shape-can this body fit a different ibanez trem bridge or is it simply the same model it has now? Everything else is pretty much sorted .as new but I was thinking because they're so cheap and compared to instruments of a similar price-especially in the second hand market, in terms of an all round guitar playability, fit and finish, and sound they cant really be beaten! I've just finished refitting an s series for a friend and its completely different but looks pretty sweet! So how about we as a community maybe poll ideas for how me or whoever else has a second hand guitar they want to refit for everything we change from hardware electrics board radius' to colour! It should be fun and interesting to see the fans take on how they want their ibanez to look and feel! Apologies, im really sorry for the length of my post guys anyone has Any info on what trem would fit and give me a shout if you think it would be an interesting idea to get together and collaboratively (re-) design instruments others have ruined!(I mean how annoying is it what some people do to good instruments-every ibanez ive owned has been built strong as an ox!!!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts