Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fettouhi said:
Looks like a RG620 but those had quilted/flamed tops. Is the trem original (installed from Ibanez).

Regards

André
RG620 has a 3-way switch. I don´t know about the bridge.

IMHO, that body has large PU cavities, like those with PU rings.
So, it's a modded one.
Maybe a new wood veener/top and refin? Who knows?
Those PU cavities are large because the PUs were originally most probably V7 & V8 and those PUs require large cavities. The PUs are also direct mounted. I don´t think it´s a modded one.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
It's an RG547AH RBR :).

It's in the '96 Ibanez catalogue which says it's got an Ash Body, Wizard II maple neck,Jumbo Frets,original Edge trem and the pickups are two IBZ V6F's and an IBZ RTS single-coil.

They also did this model in a natural Ash finish.

Very nice guitar;).

EDIT: Oops! Didn't notice the lack of a middle pickup! Apart from that it's identical to the 547.
The only way to be sure is to remove the neck and it'll say what model it is in the neck-pocket.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JTM45 said:
It's an RG547AH RBR :).

It's in the '96 Ibanez catalogue which says it's got an Ash Body, Wizard II maple neck,Jumbo Frets,original Edge trem and the pickups are two IBZ V6F's and an IBZ RTS single-coil.

They also did this model in a natural Ash finish.

Very nice guitar;).

EDIT: Oops! Didn't notice the lack of a middle pickup! Apart from that it's identical to the 547.
The only way to be sure is to remove the neck and it'll say what model it is in the neck-pocket.
Yeah, I noticed that guitar too, but indeed, there isn´t any middle pick up on this one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts