Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an edge III on my RG.

Today, I increased the angle of the trem, tightened the truss rod.

When I press all the way down the bar at least two strings stay sharp UNTIL i unlock the nut. usually high E and B.

God BLess

Ian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really know how to explain it... I thought that I was actually making the tremelo angle more perpendicular...

See, the problem is, the floyd that I have DOESN'T have a rectangle, so it's difficult for me to see what is what and who is who.

It's an edge III. For some reason whenever I depress (subsantially), the thing goes like way out of tune. The high E string goes a bit sharp... stuff like that.

But here's the thing, if I pull up on the string with my fingers around the 12th fret it goes back in tune...

OR, if I loosen the nut, it goes back in tune... I don't know... I didn't start having this problem until YESTERDAY when I did a setup on it. before it stayed in tune well.

UG!!!!

Ian

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
FireAndSpirit said:
I don't really know how to explain it... I thought that I was actually making the tremelo angle more perpendicular...

See, the problem is, the floyd that I have DOESN'T have a rectangle, so it's difficult for me to see what is what and who is who.

It's an edge III. For some reason whenever I depress (subsantially), the thing goes like way out of tune. The high E string goes a bit sharp... stuff like that.

But here's the thing, if I pull up on the string with my fingers around the 12th fret it goes back in tune...

OR, if I loosen the nut, it goes back in tune... I don't know... I didn't start having this problem until YESTERDAY when I did a setup on it. before it stayed in tune well.

UG!!!!

Ian
Have you read the tech section at ibanezrules.com (banner above)?

Regards

André

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unclamp all the strings at the nut, flip the neck over unscrew the two bolts that hold the locking nut to the neck of the guitar just a little to allow movement of the nut, push the nut towards the fingerboard, when it is tight against the fingerboard, thghten the bolts that hold on the nut, it sonds like the locking nut is loose and is moving when you use the trem, it is general maintenance that should be done every so often as these bolts come loose, if this does not fix it, have a look at the nut itself, are there grooves in it where the strings run over the nut?, if there are you will need a new nut, as these can cause the string to slip, and give you weird tuning problems.

Eddy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.