Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how deep is the pearl on my prestige logo? and if i sand it down, what will happen? because id love a matching headstock and i want to change the guitars color anyway so its the perfect opertunity. but will the pearl be messed up? or is it just a paper thin layor that will disintegrate if i sand it (like the body inlay of the uv777bk)? please reply!

thanks!
-Damien

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
how deep is the pearl on my prestige logo? and if i sand it down, what will happen? because id love a matching headstock and i want to change the guitars color anyway so its the perfect opertunity. but will the pearl be messed up? or is it just a paper thin layor that will disintegrate if i sand it (like the body inlay of the uv777bk)? please reply!

thanks!
-Damien
My friend about 3 years ago I was at the same place as you but.......I always wanted a matching headstock cause i hate headstocks with different colors so.......who cares about that logo,a painter did the job so I don't know how it was but I bought a logo sticker and glued it over my new headstock color then clear coat it.
You'll never be able to tell a difference.
Well I can't.
Seriously any prestige model really should havea matching headstock.In my country 1527 at the stores costs about 2000 dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on a regular ibanez, i wouldnt mind just saying f**k it to the logo but i really like the simplicity of the prestige logo and i just like authentic, you know? and im not counting paint color as authentic by the way. and $2000 is WAY too much for a 1527

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
You like authentic BUT you want a matching headstock?!
In my case I couldn't care less if it's authentic or not cause it has to be the way I like it cause 2000 is too much like you said.
The sticker looks the same as the original,only its new headstock color could tell it isn't authentic and not the sticker.

BTW 2000 is too much for any kind of guitar,I don't care if Vai,Satch,Malmsteen.....whoever has his name on it,it's too much!
But I didn't have an option,I had to pay brazilian prices or steal one lol
To me 1000 dollars would be the highest price a guitar could have no matter brand or model but here prices are too high because of our border taxes so it's not ibanez fault.
But guitars in USA which cost more than 1000 dollars to me it's crazyness.
It's just an ordinary piece of wood not golden.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well maybe ill give the sticker option a shot. would it help if i put clear coat over the sticker (to hold it on better)?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts