Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all!

I,m a bit surprised that factory setup on my RG 1527 can't handle the
10-56 regular string set. Although I tightened the screws of a tension springs claw all the way to the wood, the tremolo is still to high (out of level) by standard tune E-B-G-D-A-E-B.

Did anyone face the similar prolem at edge pro trem?

I suppose I must install heawyer springs, but I think it's stupid that tremolo
handles only factory instaled 9-54 strings set (originaly by this set the claw was 8mm from the wood).

Any sugestions?

Thanx a lot!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Well any trem needs readjusting with a new gauge and I'm sure a 7 string would be even worse, I don't tinker with mine at all because I don't have the patience to retune my 1527 and keep it level.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Also if it becomes too much of a hassle you can find a tech to do a setup. I have one near me who for $65US will do a complete cleaning, including the electronics, set the pups, tighten anything that needs it, and set the action even on a floating. Although I usually do my own setups, I always take anything to them after I purchase it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I used to set my 6 string for years now, but with no problem. I changed
strings set on it from lite 9-42 to 9-46 with no serius cshange in adjusting
spring tension.

I'm wondering if anyone who changed setup to 10-56 on 7 string had the same problem and what spring did he purchased (instaled)?

I'll probably have to install heavyer springs or as sugested by jemmaniac use additional spring or two... The tremolo has also only 3 holes for springs, so I'l have to improvize on the side of a sustain block.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I know this thread is kinda old, but I'm new here and I also tried running heavier strings on my RG1527.

I ended up ordering an extra trem spring from ibanezrules, and it got the bridge back to level. The only drawback is that the trem stiffness, which is already stiff to begin with, is increased even more. I guess it's something you'd get used to.

I went back to 9s w/ 3 springs because I intended on getting a tremel-no for it, but I just never play it so I'm trying to sell/trade it instead.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts