Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys !

I change my pups with dimarzios yesterday. It was my first time, i was scared a bit. But i did it ! And it was too easy ! Omg, i have waited for nothing in past months :mrgreen:
I know most of you guys dont like x2n and activators, but as a metalhead i love them so much. Actually x2n is my dream pup cause i'm big fan of Schuldiner. I have waited for this too long :)

Here's the photos:

And here's the first test video:

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I have that same model in Phantom blue (look at my family portrait thread in the Other Ibanez guitars section). Nice job installing those pups :D Also, those pups actually sound REALLY good. Which one were you using in the test video?

BTW, where did you install those pups? a desk or something in your house? A garage?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice gear Matias ! I'm jealous about red one :p
I used x2n. Normally i would NEVER use bridge pup for arpeggios but Malone dude using bridge so i had to use it :)

In the house, on the table. I did a cover to table, and place the neck on a pillow. Actually its not a dirty work, dont need too precaution.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Nice gear Matias ! I'm jealous about red one :p
I used x2n. Normally i would NEVER use bridge pup for arpeggios but Malone dude using bridge so i had to use it :)

In the house, on the table. I did a cover to table, and place the neck on a pillow. Actually its not a dirty work, dont need too precaution.
Ah, maybe I can do it in my apartment. I'm still scared of opening up stuff, although I did take out the humbucker on my 560 (purple one) to check for a serial number, but I didnt find one :/ That actually made my decision on pups for that guitar (AT-1, cruiser bridge for middle and neck positions).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, maybe I can do it in my apartment. I'm still scared of opening up stuff, although I did take out the humbucker on my 560 (purple one) to check for a serial number, but I didnt find one :/ That actually made my decision on pups for that guitar (AT-1, cruiser bridge for middle and neck positions).
Yea i know that feeling. I'm TOO clumsy, you cant believe it. I always broke glasses, drop my stuff ( except my guitars :mrgreen: ) but it's really too easy. Hold your screwdriver and go for it :p
It would take ONLY a hour or so.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Yea i know that feeling. I'm TOO clumsy, you cant believe it. I always broke glasses, drop my stuff ( except my guitars :mrgreen: ) but it's really too easy. Hold your screwdriver and go for it :p
It would take ONLY a hour or so.
ONLY an hour? LOL well I need to get a soldering iron first so that's first one my list of things to buy... After my 560 pickup upgrade :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ONLY an hour? LOL well I need to get a soldering iron first so that's first one my list of things to buy... After my 560 pickup upgrade :D
Well, after you remove the strings, removing pups and replacing them takes hour. But with placing pickguard and other things it would take 2 hour :mrgreen:
You can do it after breakfast on a sunday. Your guitar will be ready to play till midday.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Well, after you remove the strings, removing pups and replacing them takes hour. But with placing pickguard and other things it would take 2 hour :mrgreen:
You can do it after breakfast on a sunday. Your guitar will be ready to play till midday.
So if I was going to do it, I'd need to spend half a day off working on it. I take ALOT of time with everything I do so :/

·
Registered
806 Posts
Nice job! New pickups can really transform the sound! This is one pickup which I have never tried before. Hope they sound great!

:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts