Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever wired a H-S-H guitar, specifically the RG1570 so that with the 5-way switch or by a push/pull pot that both the bridge and neck pups are both activated at the same time? Just wonder how that would sound, if it's worth the effort. Thanks.

·
Registered
787 Posts
There are several ways to go about this. One idea would be to install a 3-way switch and wire the humbuckers to it and then use a push-pull to add the single to any combination(which would also get you all 3 pickups). The H-H selection has worked for tons of Les Paul and SG players for decades.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I've had many H-H, S-S-H and S-S-S guitars over the last 20 years but this is my first H-S-H. I've found this and it is fairly close to what I am looking for: http://static.zoovy.com/img/guitarelectronics/-/wdu_hsh5l11_02 I feel this way, I could have the best of both worlds.

My pickups are an Air Norton at the Neck, stock middle and a Tone Zone at the Bridge. Since I do not use the middle pup by itself I do not feel I would be missing anything and it would save me the trouble of having to install a push-pull pot.

Has anyone here tried this with their HSH setup and/or this pup config? If so, how did it sound? What were the pros & cons if any? Thanks a million.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts