Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im kinda new here so if this is the wrong forum, sorry.

Does anyone have any Experience with the RG1570 Prestige? Im probobly going to be buying one soon but a lot of the reviews on the internet are written in the "honeymoon" period of the guitar, so they arent always accurate :p:

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
666 Posts
I had one for a bit. a great guitar if i may say so. I am not too keen about the standard looking rosewood fretboard with dots on it though. So if you want a sexier neck go for the 2570, but either of them come very recommended. I sold her to downsize my stock and mostly because i felt she couldn`t keep up with my old jems, otherwise a fantastic guitar none the less!

·
Registered
458 Posts
well I own a 1570MRB and its great, the neck is great, thin and comfortable, the pups are actually not bad, the edge pro is great also, mine doesn´t go out of tune ever, and great sound and looks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats good to hear, i was gonna get one Months ago but i thought it was twice as expensive as it actually was so i started searching for other guitars, only to find the real price (990 from Rich at ibanezrules) just 2 days ago haha

Whats the Finish like? Im stuck between mirage blue and Red? ive heard the pics on ibanez' site are brighter than in reality

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I personally love the older 570's, and if I were to get a 1570, I really like the mirage red.

You can't really go wrong, other than the fact that you may wanna do a pickup change.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So do you think its a Decent Guitar for 80's Hair Metal and Shred then? I have a Gibson SG as well for classic rock and i wanted a guitar to kinda cover the other stuff i play.

·
Registered
201 Posts
What kotor said.

I don't have one, but a good friend of mine does. Such a good guitar, especially when you factor in how cheap it is.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, when i was first directed to it i thought it costed upwards of 1700 USD. i was really suprised by the actual price.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I'm closing in on 1 year with mine. It's great! I also own an '01 570 but lately I've found myself having to warm up to how my left hand feels on the 570's narrower neck. The 1570's neck is a bit thicker and VERY nice!
Construction is also very good on the 1570. It still plays as nicely as it did a year ago. Stock pickups are okay but you might want to trade them out. I put in an Evo bridge, a Fast Track 2 single, and a Breed neck; lol, the poor man's Jem. ;) Sounds great!
The Mirage Red finish is awesome but I'd move on it quick since it's discontinued. You might find some still in stock online, and for $50 less than the new models.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Best new (not used) guitar for the money IMO.
Totally agree. For the price, you can even throw in some new pickups and it's still cheap for a guitar of this quality.

What seals the deal for me is the awesome Prestige Wizard neck. In the sub $1000 USD pricerange nothing compares.

If you want a guitar for shred/hair metal then look no further. I've had mine for two years now and it hasn't let me down yet. I doubt it ever will. :)

Rock on!

·
Registered
540 Posts
I have one and I'll agree with a lot of what was said here. The build quality is fantastic. All of the tolerances are very tight. The fine tuners on the trem move smoothly and precisely. The frets are smooth at the sides of the neck. It's really is a nearly-perfect guitar. The body is a dark blue. In the light, you can see little sparkles of blue, green, and dark purple, but only if you shine a light on it or if you look at it outside in the daylight. The pickups are a little "dark," in my opinion. If you play hard rock and heavy metal it would be just right. As for me, I think I might replace them with some classic DiMarzios. A very, very nice guitar.

·
Registered
201 Posts
..but can you buy a new RG550?
So then you'd maybe say that the 2550 is the poor man's Jem...but the 1570 is essentially the same thing, but cheaper - hence the poor man's Jem ;)

I wouldn't even go so far as to call the 1570 a poor man's Jem because you have to customize it before you could really say that. Considering that you can customize it any way you want to, I'd say the 1570 the poor man's LOTS-of-things guitar :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts