Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you choose between a Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige, you already know the specs, and a Fernandes Revolver Elite, Neck Thru, Seymour Duncan pups, and Sustainer. Help me in this really difficult decision!!!

Regards

Martin

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
It depends on what you play and what type of sound you're looking for. Body woods play a pivotal role tonewise. Plus neck-thrus will tend to sustain more than bolt-ons (but who the **** cares when a sustainer is in there). But what about the bridge? I've read somewhere that it's made by Schaller. If it is, trem wise they are both of superior quality. But if the Fernandes trem is generic Korean, the RG is the way to go. But it ultimately depends on you, so good luck choosing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I also think that the trem is made by Schaller, the Fernandes also has a JB Seymour Duncan bridge pickup, and the Sustainer Drive in the neck. The construccion is flawless. Another Thing That make my think is that I already have a RG550LTD, so I don´t know how many differences could find with a RG1570. Tell me what you think!

Thanks

Martin

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
The difference between the 570s and 550s is the fretboard (mostly anyway, if I'm not mistaken your LTD is rosewood?) and where the electronics are routed. 550s are front routed whilst 570s are back routed. If you think that these similarities are enough for you to warrant for a more different guitar, then go for the Fernandes.

·
Registered
809 Posts
The difference between the 570s and 550s is the fretboard (mostly anyway, if I'm not mistaken your LTD is rosewood?) and where the electronics are routed. 550s are front routed whilst 570s are back routed. If you think that these similarities are enough for you to warrant for a more different guitar, then go for the Fernandes.
+1.:smile:

·
Registered
597 Posts
+2! The Fernandes looks really killer!!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Fernandes comes with an EMG-81 and an EMG-S and the sustainer in the neck, it does not come with seymour duncans... besides EMGS sound alot better. :D go with the Fernandes you will not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Minus the EMG S in the middle I was looking around about the elite limited so that's my mistake, it still has the EMG 81 in your bridge. and the Fernandes sustainer in the neck position.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cubby? What the **** is wrong with you, I don't read dates and If someone's looking for info big deal, leave it alone and mind your ****ing business d-bag.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Cubby? What the **** is wrong with you, I don't read dates and If someone's looking for info big deal, leave it alone and mind your ****ing business d-bag.
You get a special prize for a post like that, especially when you have less then 5 posts, especially on these forums :twisted:

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Wake up to yourself! This thread is very old! At the time the specs were as were listed.

You cannot come on to a forum, revive a dead thread, and not expect anyone to say anything.

And you should read the dates. What is the point of reviving a long dead thread where the person would have chosen their guitar so long ago. You haven't contributed anything of worth.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts