Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a replacement neck for an RG 2550e. The original was a Wizard II Prestige neck but I'd take any prestige neck that would fit the body. The problem is I'm not sure which neck would work other than an identical Wizard II Prestige. I've done some research and I'm overwhelmed with the number of styles of necks Ibanez has produced. I understand I need an AAJN neck but beyond that I'm baffled. Will it be an easy guitar to find a neck for? What models should I keep an eye out for?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm looking for a replacement neck for an RG 2550e. The original was a Wizard II Prestige neck but I'd take any prestige neck that would fit the body. The problem is I'm not sure which neck would work other than an identical Wizard II Prestige. I've done some research and I'm overwhelmed with the number of styles of necks Ibanez has produced. I understand I need an AAJN neck but beyond that I'm baffled. Will it be an easy guitar to find a neck for? What models should I keep an eye out for?

Any help is appreciated.
My guess would be that any AANJ neck would be interchangeable, but would just feel/play slightly differently if it wasn't a Wizard II. Why not email Ibanez to check?

PS. Why change the original neck? Is there a break/damage?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts