Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! I have the opportunity of buying a used RG2610E with hardcase for 700 dollars but I am thinking of trading in one of my other guitars and drop the price of the RG to 290$ incl hardcase, is it a good deal?

Anyway, the guitar is pretty damaged on the back and it looks like it has been draged along a road or something, but it's only along the lower back of the guitar, the front is undamaged and everything else seems to be just fine.

I haven't seen the guitar yet but I am considering buying it anyway.

There are some NOS (New old stock) RG2610E that cost 1800$ here in Sweden so if can get my hands on one for 290$ I'd be pretty happy.

Now here we go, here is a picture of the damaged part of the guitar, I aint got a larger picture so this will have to do for now.

I can't post pictures right now so here is the link, just delete the spaces.

http ://i50.tinypic. com/fvgto0.jpg

Can that be fixed or at least touched up a bit to make it less noticeable?

It's pretty bad I know but I've seen guitars that've looked worse and have been restored to a better condition.

I do not have the experince of doing something like painting a guitar so I can't really do the touch up part, unless there is an easy way to do it haha.

Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it is working now, I can't post a link in a post before I've posted 10 posts total.

Wow a lot of ''posts'' in that sentence.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would the RG870 be a better choice? I like the RG shape and the Ibanez headstock. I've never owned an Ibanez and I want a decent guitar that will last for a couple of years.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I'm not a fan of the Premiums, but there's a few people on here who are. Personally I'd hold out for a nicer used Prestige if money is the issue. For what you'd spend on a new Premium, you could get a sweet used Prestige. For what you'd spend on a used Premium, you could get a really nice older MIJ RG550 or RG570 or something. Any of the MIJ RG's are hard to beat and will last practically forever if you take care of them. I'm still rockin' a 20 year old RG560.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't want to get to of topic but I guess I might just ask in this thread instead of starting a new one.

I found a NOS RG2610Z for 1000$ and the price for a new RG870QMZ is actually a bit more than 1000$, from where I would buy it it's 1050$ so I guess the RG2610z is the better deal? :)

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
I don't want to get to of topic but I guess I might just ask in this thread instead of starting a new one.

I found a NOS RG2610Z for 1000$ and the price for a new RG870QMZ is actually a bit more than 1000$, from where I would buy it it's 1050$ so I guess the RG2610z is the better deal? :)
Better to start your own thread, as not to hijack the OPs topic and start getting replies to both queries.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes you're right, sorry.

I talked to my local music store and they can order a RG2610Z for me for 1000$ so that's what I'll do.

To everyone who helped me out here, thank you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts