Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to Orlando from Houston, and the neck on my trusty 2001 RG3120 has decided to go whacko, meaning buzz that never existed has suddenly appeared, from the climate change even though the weather here doesn't really feel much different than the humidity in Houston. Anyway, I've taken the guitar to two separate techs (Guitar Factory and a highly recommended repair guy from... gasp... Guitar Center) to no avail. I still get massive fret buzz on the low E and A, particularly in the 7 to 12 fret range. We've raised/lowered the action and adjusted the truss, but the buzz is still there. Also, both of the techs said that the neck wasn't warped and the frets were level, but the buzz is still there. Any suggestions?? Could it be that I need a neck shim? Analyze the nut to take out the shim, if there is one there? Help!!!

Mike

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Since you're in Orlando and this is the annual Jemfest weekend, hop on over to the Radisson Resort Worldgate with your 3120 and you'll find more Ibanez afficianados than you can shake a stick at. Look for Rich and if your lucky, he'll have a look at it for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts