Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my 2006 RG3120. I bought it new and will never sell. Pretty much nothing left stock on it except the body and neck.

Stainless jumbo frets, Bill Lawrence L500Xl and L500 pickups, Bill Lawrence Q-Filter, replaced the Cosmo Black hardware with new Chrome Hardware and upgraded to locking tuners. The easiest guitar to play. Almost plays itself.

·
Administrator
7,569 Posts
I really do think that the RG3120 is one of the absolute best guitars ever. It was the true sweet spot of custom shop looks and production model costs with at the time unparalleled quality in its price bracket. And back then, like this one, the tops were usually fantastic.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
^^ Facts. J. Custom specs in a regular production model. In fact there were J. Customs with exactly the same specs (can't remember the model number)!

It's purty, all right. Serious top and the chrome pops.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My only issue with the RG is the location of the volume knob. Too close to the strings. Makes heavy palm muting less than ideal.
Then you don't want anything to do with a strat, which is even closer.

I never hit the volume knobs on either.

Did you come from a gibson background or something? It seems that "native" strat players don't seem to have any problems. It's the guys who start out on guitars with different control layouts that do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.