Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this guitar a couple of years ago cos I always need a hardtail backup and it looked great. I have had jem 7 series historically and am currently using an rg550FA and an JEM555 as main live guitars; but i just dont like the neck on the 321, thus it gets no love :(

Now, having read up on the necks, it appears the 321 has wizard II neck and the other 2 have a slighter thinner wizard neck. If this is the case, can anyone suggest a new Ibanez RG type hardtail replacement with a wizard neck?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice.. but not readily available... would this have wizard neck specs? probably cost a fortune too for us UK importers

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
look to the RGA series. I've got one and love it. Try one out first if you can as I thought this neck felt a little thicker than the wizard profile on my 1570 though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it looks like the RGA also have the wizard II neck :( although the prestige range have a Wizard Prestige neck.. this obviously starts competing with the aforementioned JEM7EAFX for cost... maybe i should get another 550 and block the trem off

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I think the RG1521 with a Prestige Wizard is as close as you'll get, and it's only available in Japan I think. This has been a complaint for a while.
And the Jem neck is almost identical to the Wizard 2 in terms of dimensions. It's only 30mm different in radius. Certainly NOT thinner!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
ok.. and in comparison to my 555/550 necks, a prestige wizard/wizardII/Jem neck will 'feel' thicker though?
Slightly thicker on a Prestige Wizard. You'd definitely notice a difference between Wizard 1 and a Jem, Prestige Wizard, or Wizard 2.
I think your best and cheapest bet might be to see if you can find an AANJ Wizard 1 neck on 3bay or another internet source. Just DON'T buy a neck with the old square heel joint. It won't fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts