Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to get a trem bar for an '88 RG340?. It does have the Japanese Takeuchi TRT-1 Trem (It's a very stable trem , b.t.w.) and I have tried to get one through Ibanez dealers here in Australia , but no listing can be found in their spare parts catalogue. I did find a guitar shop that kindly donated me a standard trem bar from a Fender , and while it does fit , it's sloppy. The trem socket has a spring inside it , in which the trem bar 'threads into'. The fender trem bar is a bit short on the short shank before the elbow , so when I'm threading it in , it tends to hit the fine tuning knobs. Any clues would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
9,298 Posts
Can you take out the trem arm holder part and replace it with a Floyd Rose type? I've got a couple spare trem arm holder assemblies and arms I can get to you if you like. What ever postage costs you can have it for. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno , I'll pull it apart at the next string change and check it out. I'll get some pix and we'll go from there. Thanks man , I'll keep ya posted.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I think on the Tak's the arm screws directly into the block, but I may be wrong about that. If that's the case you'd have to cut the block to go the the Floyd thing, but I also thought the old, non-collared Floyd Rose arms worked in those. I can check on that later - I've got a couple of Taks and a couple of old OFRs at home I can try to swap the arms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a black 1988 RG340 (manfactured 1987, actually, but from the 88 catalog) with all its parts (though the neck and middle pickups are removed/broken). I'd rather not sell it off by pieces, but I'd sell it to you for a reasonable price, if you're interested.

It does have the Takeuchi TRT-1 Floyd Rose Licensed Trem with the original arm (whole thing is chrome finish). I can tell you more and provide pics, if you like.

Let me know...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts