Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a few questions about the ibanez rg370

1) can i change the ep3 bridge to a ofr bridge without making any modifications?
2) has any1 got pics of an ibanez rg with emgs in it (h-h or h-s-h), preferably a shot in this angle:

if possible, could it be pretty big

i hope you are able to help me out
thank you very much

user01

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lyconxero said:
Yes, you can directly retrofit an Original Floyd Rose into an Edge III cavity. Someone on this website did it not too long ago. As for pictures of an RG with EMGs...Hope that helps.
thanks alot dude, is this your guitar?

if so, is it alright if you could take a close up picture of the electronics cavity so i could use it as a guide when wiring my emgs in my rg370.
i hope you can help me out

thanks alot dude
cheers!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Wish I could help you out, but I don't have a digital camera. I took that picture over the summer when I was staying with my mother pretty much right after I finished modding the guitar. EMGs are a tricky install if you've never done it before, so I would recommend having a professional do it. Also, the single coil wasn't a direct fit and had to be "modified" slightly to fit in the cavity.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmm, i've intalled emgs before so i didnt have any worries, but now im not so sure since you had to make some modifications...

what kind of modifications did you have to make to the single coil thing?

cheers
user01

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The single coil EMG S pickup was a rectangular shape that didn't fit into the route, so I had to do a little work filing the edges so that it would fit. Also, the pickup wouldn't mount the same way as the stock pickup so new holes had to be drilled. I don't know if anyone else had this problem, but I ran into it. It was more work, but it was definitely worth it. My guitar is infinitely more versatile thanks to that pickup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.