Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been stymied for quite a while on what I think should be an easy fix. I bought an RG440 a few years ago at a thrift store. As I had sold my two RG570s, I thought it would fit my Ibanez urge. The only problem was that the center hex screw and fastener for the locking trem was missing. No worries, I figured iit was a quick search on eBay and a $10 to $20 fix. No such luck. The center hole in the locking nut is slightly larger. I tried to replace the entire locking nut but that didn’t work either. One I had as a spare, didn’t have the indent. I found one from an old RG with the indent but the screw size was wrong. My next attempt was to simply find a bolt at a hardware store. I finally found one that worked but even though it was the right size for the hole, it was too large to go through the fastener. I even contacted Rich at Ibanez Rulez but no luck. This shouldn’t be this hard. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I will give a shout to Rich again. I reached out a few years ago but I don’t think he had anything at the time. I’m embarrassed how long this stupid project has been sitting.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Rich for the help. I’m going to try one more idea that I have and go from there. If not, I might just see if we can take a best guess on this. I’m ready to get this one up and running.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.