Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've personally never seen an RG440 with no pickguard... This guitar is supposedly an "80's RG440". I would guess an '87 with that headstock on a Roadstar body, or maybe a pieced together guitar. Anyone ever seen an RG440 with no pickguard?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess the image link didn't work... but the Imgur link does.

Thanks for any help! - Kyle

·
Registered
667 Posts
That's interesting. I'd never seen or known there was a RG440. Joe Satriani used 540P for a while before taking a liking to the radius. He's holding one on the front of the album "dreaming #11". I personally love the 80's ibanez guitars before the modern RG took the brand over.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That looks like it's one of the "Power" Series
https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/RG440P

A legit, kinda rare series of guitar as I understand. Great quality though. Back then you had the regular RG, Sabre "S" series, Radius "R" series, and then the Power "P II" series with the sought after offset RG like body and lonfger horns
Thanks man... I didn't know about that particular model. It was listed for sale as an RG440 for $400 w/case... I like the specs and I'm tempted to give it a try! Ultra neck? I wonder how close to the '86/'87 Roadstar II necks it is?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's interesting. I'd never seen or known there was a RG440. Joe Satriani used 540P for a while before taking a liking to the radius. He's holding one on the front of the album "dreaming #11". I personally love the 80's ibanez guitars before the modern RG took the brand over.
I love that era of Roadstars too... Very comfortable necks, good compromise between a stratty feel and JS feel. Currently looking to downsize and hope to find a nice RG440 with the Roadstar II neck and Edge tremolo. I like what this guy did with his... JOE'S GEAR

·
Registered
667 Posts
$400? If the fret wear is not bad i say go for it! I've been trying to find a js neck myself, if i could find a ultra neck i'd be happy to buy that in it's place. But it would need a locking nut...

·
Registered
667 Posts
That's pretty cool. I really want to build a custom guitar with a sustainiac. Those pickup kits are pretty pricey though. It's awesome when people bring old guitars to a new life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.