Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted a couple of times on here lately about my 1986-7 Roadstar II RG440 model (it's the red one with black pickguard). I've been debating whether to upgrade or sell this guitar (or just leave it as-is and play it), but I'm now leaning toward trading.

What I'm really wanting is a Strat. I've had a real hard time tracking down the approx. value of this guitar; there don't seem to be a lot of RG440's selling out there.

Would I be safe in thinking this guitar might be valued around $300? Condition is very good. Would it be reasonable to think I could trade this for a Standard MIM Fender Strat, or am I overvaluing my guitar?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have 2 RG440s in working condition right now. One is Pearl Blue which is the only one I have only seen twice. I bought it for $275.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've posted a couple of times on here lately about my 1986-7 Roadstar II RG440 model (it's the red one with black pickguard). I've been debating whether to upgrade or sell this guitar (or just leave it as-is and play it), but I'm now leaning toward trading.

What I'm really wanting is a Strat. I've had a real hard time tracking down the approx. value of this guitar; there don't seem to be a lot of RG440's selling out there.

Would I be safe in thinking this guitar might be valued around $300? Condition is very good. Would it be reasonable to think I could trade this for a Standard MIM Fender Strat, or am I overvaluing my guitar?
I just went through the same thing (except I want a Charvel San Dimas) and was surprised to see them for around $300 after reading a post in another forum where a guy got one for $25. I decided to keep mine for sentimental reasons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts