Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, is the RG450 a good guitar? What trem does it come with?? I'm looking into a metallic blue one with black pickguard and maple scale...looks very nice ;)

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I had a '94 RG 450 DX WH and It didn't sound too good even after I replaced the stock pickups (except the single) with a Dimarzio Fred and Dimarzio PAF Pro.
I guess it wasn't that bad but still, It was Korean made. ;)

·
Registered
881 Posts
you guys really have to get over the made in korea thing. if its a good guitar, its a good guitar. i've got an rg 550 with evolutions and a 470 with a jb/jazz combination. both are great guitars. its a lo trs trem (not sure if its I or II, check ibanez register.com for info) i'd definitely check out the 450.

·
Registered
881 Posts
jemsite said:
you guys really have to get over the "ibanez can do no wrong" thing ;)

pass on the 450... glen
i wasn't trying to make that impression. there are a few ibanez guitars that i've sold because a didn't like them. i just don't think "made in korea" should be such a huge factor.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I love most all things Ibanez, but I really don't care for the Korean stuff at all, sepecially when you can pick up used Japanese models for near the same price most times. It's not "Oh, it's a Korean model, so it sucks," it's that they just don't feel nearly as good as the J models. They're not as "solid" to me, and feel kinda cheap. I don't think the necks are even close. That's just me.

The 450 looks really cool, but you'd be better off finding a decent RG550.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you can get an old RG450 which is MIJ and has an EDGE bridge then you should grab it, but forget those MIK with Lo-TRS II-thingies.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you really want a RG450, get a 2003 onwards model. These RGs actually came with the Edge Pro bridge and MIJ.

Here's mine.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmmm good point about the Trem....I think it's not an Edge....Gawd...what RGs had a maple neck, MIJ with an Edge trem?

·
Registered
494 Posts
are you talking about teh rg550??,....those comes with maple fretboard

or the rg prestidge made in 2003 n 2004..those coem with maple neck , black scratchplate, mij...but i think they onli hv them in black or sunburst

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup it is...I've been toying with a Transparent Curly-Maple Blood Red JS with maple fingerboard though....that looks nice :D If I get money to custom build that, I'd be happy :)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm 19, no expenses, living with my parents atm...if I can get a job, I'll save up to do that for sure...I just got a call form a studio here that might be interested in hiring me...I'll see how that goes. Here's a pic of said guitar:

I'd probably plug the same pickups Satch uses....still thinking if I should get the HS-2 in the middle or not. Also, the pic doesn't have it, but I'd probabbly get an AANJ...

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not that kind of studio though, heh...a publicity studio...I'm a computer graphics artist, and that's a CG Render of a JS model I made a few months ago. If you snoop around you'll see other renders of it somewhere in the JS forum :) But thanks :) And yeah, i'thinking of going with a single-coil too...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts