Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this is my first post to this site.

I've recently bought a '94 MIK RG470 and unfortunately it didn't come with a trem bar.

The bridge from what I've Googled is a Lo-TRS II? I can't see anything on it that identifies it as such so I'm not 100% on that.
Anyway, it looks like it takes a screw in type trem but I have no idea what will fit it. I did find one for the Lo-TRS II on Ebay but it was a push in style so.. hmm.

Here's a pic of the bridge.

This is the first guitar I've ever owned with a floating bridge so I'm still learning the ins and outs of it and the RG series in general.

Any advice on what the trem bar actually is or where I can get one would be greatly appreciated! :)

Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great! Thanks for identifying what the bridge actually is. I guess the generic one will do the job, though I might have to trawl Ebay again for an original.

Cheers!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Looks like the hateful SLT101 to me, same arm though.
Are you sure that's not an RG270?
But yeah, having Googled the SLT101 it looks identical to my eye anyway. Maybe I should replace the whole bridge heh.
Absolutely, those trems are awful, get a double locker, a Floyd will drop straight in and comes with a decent arm.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts