Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RG5000 facts and hopefully pictures

Well, I thought it would be nice to collect the limited amount of info available on these guitars in one thread..

The stuff I know by now:

1. There is these colors:
# Ruby Red
# Laser Blue
# Purple Neon
# Desert Yellow
# The greenish color.. What's it called?
# The greenish color with serpent inlay (I think this is RG5000 too.. Some exclusive version of these already limited guitars..)

2. Desert Yellow was, for a while, the guitar I thought came without matching dots (Excluding the Serpent now since it's not got dots at all), but I saw a picture in another thread of what I believe being an RG5000 DY with matching dots..?

3. Any production-numbers would be great to know..

Oh, and I would love to see some owner photos, as the online photos are about to get old.. ^^

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
WOW I NEED THAT LZB RG770DX LOOOKING BASS TO compliment my rg770dx.
also i seen the purple one on the bay before it had matching inlays.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, guyz :)

Yes, looks indeed like the DY came with black dots.. What made me wonder, was THIS thread, which seems to feature a RG5000DY with matching dots.. Or maybe the neck is custom, afterall it says JEM on it, but then again, the RG5000s basically came with only the *ibanez* stamp on the head and the JEM-decal would easily be placed under this *Ibanez*-logo to make it look like it's said *JEM* under it all the time..
-
What do you think? If that guitar in the thread I linked is a real 5000 with matching dots, I'll have to pick my jaw up from the floor :lol:

Oh, and the 5000SG, thanks for clearing that up, could very well mean Serpent Green.. In fact I think it does.. Right?

Oh, and these guitars are strung with 9-46 right? That's my personal favorite string-thickness-scale-thing-sort-of-useage ^^

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
It would seem strange that the DY 5000 wouldn't have come with that matching inlays otherwise wouldn't it just be a 550??? That catalog scan however does indeed seem to have one with black inlays. On the guitar in question in the link: Try getting the serial number from the owner which may help. Could be an RG5000 or just an RG550 neck with replacement dot inlays.

SG could stand for Serpent Green I suppose, only other SG I've seen in the color charts is Smoked Green and it's way different to the shade of green on that RG5000.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Love this thread! IbanezDaemon, thanks for the catalog grab . . . I want one of those RG-style basses in the worst way.

I guess my only question is what makes the RG5000 different from an RG550?

Peace

Mike

·
Registered
88 Posts
So, how rare are these RG5000s?

Anybody know any production numbers for each model?

I would guess ~200 of each, a total of 1000 RG5000s produced.. (+ the ~20 RG Serpents) Seems like a great number, but it's just a theory..

No matter the production number, they seem rare as unicorns.. :cry:

And another question.. They can both have V1-S1-V2 and V7-S7-V8 as pickups?

Or is the V1-S1-V2-set a modification?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts