Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have bought a second hand guitar in pretty good shape but it seems it's not official anywhere. Have you guys seen any of these around ? The guy who sold it said it was an RG521QM however just wanted to know if you've seen more of these around..

It's an RG.. mahogany body.. dunno about the fretboard though. Gotoh Wilkinson tremolo.. V7 and V8 pickups.. plays good, not an amazing guitar but definitely not bad at all either. Back of the headstock says Fuji factory sometime in 98 :)

The neck feels good however I much prefer the neck on my '09 RGT320 prestige which it's slightly longer, a bit wider and flatter

·
Registered
407 Posts
I never found it in any catalog, but I think it's called an RG521QS (Quilted Sapele instead of Quilted Maple) and I believe that it's an (European) spot/limited production model based on the more regular RG520QS which had an Edge tremolo.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep it sounds pretty cool... definitely a very well made guitar.

But I dunno what the fretboard is made of. It's a lighter brown that rosewood and darker than maple.. don't know if it's the original fretboard or if it has been replaced on my specific guitar. Comes with Gotoh locking tuners and a 5 way toggle switch. The V pickups are alright but definitely lack some definition when compared to DiMarzio/Ibz pickups. Or maybe it's the strings.. they're still the ones in place when I got it used.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really ? Think it's not levelled ? Because the base of the tremolo is parallel to the body, it's the saddles that are sitting in an angle. Have to check the manual to see what's the right set-up

·
Registered
83 Posts
fretboard just looks like dried out rosewood.. get some bore oil on that! will make the guitar look 10x nicer. (even though it looks pretty nice as is.)

·
Super Moderator
7,393 Posts
I never found it in any catalog, but I think it's called an RG521QS (Quilted Sapele instead of Quilted Maple) and I believe that it's an (European) spot/limited production model based on the more regular RG520QS which had an Edge tremolo.
This.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts