Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm new to this forum - I was a jackson guy (still am) but have just recently become an ibanez user after i played the new genesis Rg550s. Bought one as soon as I touched it.

Just wanted to share pics of the mods that I did to it. Initially wanted the 1987 jem looked but ended up going multi coloured for full on 80s stupidity.

Dimarzio evolutions (pink bridge, green neck) and a suhr v60 single coil (blue) with orange knobs and I just had to put a pink switch tip on (in my opinion it contributes a lot to the sound 馃ぅ).

I used to use floyds and after playing this know that I was a bit ignorant. This is the best locking trem that I have used by FAR.

Best neck, killer pickups and most importantly, colours so bright that you need sunglasses to protect your eyes!

Attachments

Registered
Noticing that your middle pickup cover doesn't fit correctly. I had my RG550 apart yesterday and noticed that the spacing of the pole pieces on these S1's is totally different than the S1's that I have from other recent guitars like the RG1570.

Registered
I think it looks great. I love the maple neck, the yellow body and the multi colored pickups. The only thing I would change is the orange tone and volume knobs, I would make them white.

But great looking guitar!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.