Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to replace the tone and volume pots on my old old RG550. But when I made a search I found 2 sizes: dime and quarter. What size should I guess? Any suggestion would be appreciate!!
BTW the body is in green with maple neck, blue EVO bridge and pink PAF pro neck. What color of pickguard and volume and tone knobs do you guys recommend to make a good look for my guitar?

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
What color of pickguard do you guys recommend...
if you're going to replace the pickguard you don't need to refer to the exact Ibanez specifics about the size of the pots. you just get the new pots the size of the pickguard's V&T pots holes. if they're larger than a quarter (Ibanez pots size) i suggest you to get a nice set of DiMarzio 500k pots.

as for the color... i'd get a black one, to enhance the colors of the pickups, or a clear one to reveal the wiring harness inside and to show more of the body color and make it a toy-looking guitar (Dee ain't gonna like it) ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm gonna replace the pickguard and the whole electronics. Should be beautiful. Here are some pics:

It has schaller arm type which I dont like. I'm gonna replace it with the original style.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Very nice man.

The locking nut blocks look like they should be turned 90 degrees.

Also add an Ibanez decal or paint the headstock and then add a decal.

Looks very green meanie

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I just want to replace the tone and volume pots on my old old RG550. But when I made a search I found 2 sizes: dime and quarter. What size should I guess? Any suggestion would be appreciate!!
BTW the body is in green with maple neck, blue EVO bridge and pink PAF pro neck. What color of pickguard and volume and tone knobs do you guys recommend to make a good look for my guitar?
The distinction in size is due to how much room you have in the cavity.

What should be more important is the whether it is a 250, 500 or 1 Meg.
You may speak to someone at a guitar shop and ask them what works best with your pickups.
Or just ask someone here. There is always someone here who knows something about everything.

Also, great looking guitar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts