Ibanez JEM Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
well, neck only probably like $30-$40 each way, not bad, there's also Guitar Guru here in the states if you wanted to ship the whole guitar, which would be a good thing if you wanted it fretted and leveled right. or you can have Jaden fret it but have a local shop to the finishing fret work.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
^Do you know about how much the whole job would be if I sent the whole guitar in to Guitar Guru? I got an estimate from my local tech (he's authorized to do warranty repairs on Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, Martin, etc.) and he gave me an estimate of $550 for the whole job (including set-up and whatnot).

·
Vendor
26,331 Posts
^Do you know about how much the whole job would be if I sent the whole guitar in to Guitar Guru? I got an estimate from my local tech (he's authorized to do warranty repairs on Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, Martin, etc.) and he gave me an estimate of $550 for the whole job (including set-up and whatnot).
You could almost buy another RG550R for that.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
Yeah, no doubt! I couldn't see myself paying more than $300-$350 tops, at least it will give you the option of what ever you want, I would personally do birdseye maple with no inlays and scallop the last 4, that would be hot. Its not really a major job, not like building a new neck from scratch.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Rich and Lefty, thanks A LOT for all the help.

Guitar Guru it is. I'm thinking a maple board with offset dot inlays with the last four frets scalloped. After playing a Jem the scalloped upper frets feel like a natural option.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts