Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am considering buying a used Ibanez guitar but I am not sure that I have identified it correctly. All I have to go on is one photo and a bit of info.
I am told that the guitar is about 10 years old. It has the AANJ. The tremolo is marked "Ibanez Lo-TRS Trem". The serial number is F003xx16. Near the serial number is the word 'Japan'. Does this seem to be a Japanese model? and if so, is it odd that it would have the TRS tremolo? I have read here that this type of tremolo is to be avoided. Many thanks to anyone who knows more about these things than I do... Barry

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, what would be the difference between an RG470/570 with the Lo-TRS trem and the same guitars with the Edge system? (ah, other than the trems... that is.) Are they actually different models?

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
The other difference would probably be the input jack. It's not a recessed one but uses the plate like the RG3XX series and lower. If it's a late model Japanese series RG470 it will have the Wizard II neck which is slightly rounder than the Wizard making it slightly thicker.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.