Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
while ago, I was asking if the guitar in the link is rg570. It was the EX version. because I cannot get regular 550/570 with good price, I found this.

hudebnibazar.cz/inzerat.php?ID=650734&page=1&kategorie=110100&nabpop=nabidka&region=&ins=50&order=datum

I would like to ask, if you think those are on pair with normal 550/570, and what tremolo is used there? I would say it is the Original Edge, but cannot say clearly because I am bit confused with Ibanez tremolos and how to identify them correctly. Made in 2002/3.

Thank you for answer and sorry for similar thread.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
That URL doesn't work. For future reference--all Ibanez catalogs are available at ibanezrules.com and ibanez.com
Since you have the model and year, it will be easy to find.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ok, for RG's and almost every guitar after 87 you can tell what it is by: the first number, or first two, is the series number i.e. 5xx 6xx 7xx, The second number will tell you information about the pickup configuration and weather it's front routed or back i.e. a 5 is HSH front routed a 7 is HSH back routed, a 6 is HSS BR, a 4 is HSS FR, 2 is HH, 1 is H, 3 is SSS, not sure about 7 and 8. The last number if just more information, 1 is hard tail, 0 is no change from the norm. 5 is no middle pickup or D-turner equipped. The letters afterward tell you about the options and the colors, DX is deluxe EX is extreme (more of a metal theme).
I have a RG321MHBBS witch is a RG with 2 humbuckers and a hard tail bridge with a mahogany body in Black Berry Sunburst.

So to answer your question that 570 is the same as any other 570 with different hardware color or inlays etc. but it's just as good as any 570 out there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello all. Thanks for the help, I will be looking forward to my new 570EX then. I liked neck on XPT 700, but disliked EdgeIII on it. So I guess this baby, will be even better, with original Edge too - really like to play with my ORF.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can change out the edgeIII for a OE or a OFR or a LFR. Their not that hard to change.
I dunno where are you from, but here in Europe the guitar gear is almost half or one more times expensive then gear from USA. I have not wanted to invest more into the XPT700, so I rather sold it and bought Warbeast WMD, although the xpt700 was better in almost all aspects, but ORF (but was much more expensive).

Still I wanted some more "classical", light-weight, universal guitar, so Ibanez, and specially 5xx series would be the best candidate for me, because I have some experience with the neck, and I believe this one will be even better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello, all.
Once more I am asking you about the hint. The guy sent me the photos from tremolo (I do not like the fact, he blocked it-could maybe dull the knifes...) to the head (I wanted to see, if the neck is not twisted, or warped - not meaning the relief). Do you think it is ok? It seems to me a bit twisted, but it could be because camera, my bad eyes or the thick bass strings (he used B tuning). What do you think about it. Thanks for the opinions. The transport there will cost something, so I wanna be sure, I am not going to buy bad thing...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/829/snmek2775.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/511/snmek2777.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/snmek2778.jpg/

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the guitar is at home. Neck seems to be perfect. Some badly noticable dings on body and bit of body color is off. Seems it has also quite big strap buttons, not sure if they were default. Also tremolo looks almost like new. Blades are perfect. Only string holding screws are really little little bit rusty, but very hard to see even from close distance. Now I waiting for my pickups and copper foil. Thanks to all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.