Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

First tell that i used the search thing but no answer to my question,so thanks in advance to all the people that read this and try to help me.

I own a 2001 Ibanez RG620x, this is the old model that have the 2 positions mini switch where you can select or the magnetics pickups or the piezo sound.

If i am not wrong, in 2002 Ibanez add a 3 position mini switch where you can select: the magnetics pickups, the piezo sound and mix both together.

My question is:

Could i change the 2 position switch of my 2001 RG620x to a 3 position switch (on/on/on) without any mod like in the 2002 Rg620x? is the LR Baggs board the same in both models?

If i can do this change or upgrade to my guitar, how must i wire the board with the new 3 positions mini switch?

Thanks so much again for read this, and if someone did before this thing or know how to do it, i will be very thankful for the help.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Re: RG620x could i change the 2 position switch to a 3 position switch without any mod?

I did not read your whole message because of time but . . . ON THE NEWER CIRCUIT (POST 2001) it is NOT a 3 position (on-ON-on) switch it is a 3 position (on-OFF-on) switch. NO JOKE. I thought it was also, but . . .
I had to replace it this summer and I originally put one (on-on-on) in and it shut off both the mag and piezo in the center position. I checked the original and sure enough it was an (on-off-on) switch. I replaced it with an (on-off-on) switch and it works perfectly. I'll read the rest of your question tonight after I look at the schematic from ibanez.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: RG620x could i change the 2 position switch to a 3 position switch without any mod?

Hi,

thanks so much guys for the answers and for the help. This weekend i will try to change the mini switch following the links that you paste me, it seems not very difficult, i hope i will do it ok.

thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts