Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is that a new release? First time I saw that finsih and quilt top.

I got a good deal on a RG652AHM nebula green burst. Can't wait to get it.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, glad you like it! One small technical note for anyone considering pickup swaps to hotter Dimarzio pickups in the RG652s, the Evos are quite a bit thicker than the TZ/AN combo, so I had to fit the foam cushioning blocks on their sides or else the pickups would have be too close to the strings.

I've had the guitar about 6 or 8 months, imported from Germany, haven't seen many other RG652s in this colour for sale.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks guys, glad you like it! One small technical note for anyone considering pickup swaps to hotter Dimarzio pickups in the RG652s, the Evos are quite a bit thicker than the TZ/AN combo, so I had to fit the foam cushioning blocks on their sides or else the pickups would have be too close to the strings.

I've had the guitar about 6 or 8 months, imported from Germany, haven't seen many other RG652s in this colour for sale.
I'm guessing you're UK based like me. Did you buy it from Thomann?

·
Registered
12 Posts
very nice mahogany/maple RG652. Just a question, are the pots of prestige ibanez metric or english? I want to change the knobs mof my RG652AHM to blue.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have used Thomann on many occasions, however their GBP price is only a very poor estimate to try and lure you in, the last guitar I bought from them had a £100 price difference between their advertised price and what I was actually billed, plus their delivery can be very slow. The RG652 above was from musik-produktiv, these people quote in GBP and charge inGBP, and offer free returns if the guitar is damaged. I hate having to use the internet to buy guitars.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have used Thomann on many occasions, however their GBP price is only a very poor estimate to try and lure you in, the last guitar I bought from them had a £100 price difference between their advertised price and what I was actually billed, plus their delivery can be very slow. The RG652 above was from musik-produktiv, these people quote in GBP and charge inGBP, and offer free returns if the guitar is damaged. I hate having to use the internet to buy guitars.
Thanks. I'll keep them in mind. 🙂

·
Registered
245 Posts
...having got bored of the TZ/AN combo I dropped in a couple of Green Evo's, a little more green cant be a bad thing. Or can it?!
Gotta love the green DiMarzio's. I put a pair of them in my Floral Print JEM and it never ceases to get compliments. Much more to my liking than the stock pink.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.