Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm new to this site, but have been a fan of Ibanez guitars for decades. I've never owned a guitar of my own, that is until now.

I got myself an RG655 in Firestorm Orange, and I love it. I did have a concern regarding the case however. The guitar seems to rest slightly on the high E tuning peg. If I align the peg with the headstock the guitar sits in the case without resting on the peg. The case still closes either way.

This has me worried that I'm harming the guitar when I'm storing it in the case. Has anyone else noticed this with their case?

Thanks to the community for any advice :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new to this site, but have been a fan of Ibanez guitars for decades. I've never owned a guitar of my own, that is until now.

I got myself an RG655 in Firestorm Orange, and I love it. I did have a concern regarding the case however. The guitar seems to rest slightly on the high E tuning peg. If I align the peg with the headstock the guitar sits in the case without resting on the peg. The case still closes either way.

This has me worried that I'm harming the guitar when I'm storing it in the case. Has anyone else noticed this with their case?

Thanks to the community for any advice :)
It's normal, I noticed that back when I got my first Prestiges, and the M100C case too. I don't think there's enough pressure on the tuning peg to cause any harm. Especially if you're storing the case upright. I assume most pressure is on the body in any position of the case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's normal, I noticed that back when I got my first Prestiges, and the M100C case too. I don't think there's enough pressure on the tuning peg to cause any harm. Especially if you're storing the case upright. I assume most pressure is on the body in any position of the case.
Thanks Steveche, I was thinking maybe my neck had too much back-bow or something. Well, it does need a setup, this guitar has some fret buzz on the low E for the first few frets and some pretty high action past the 12th fret. Wondering why Ibanez factory sets their product this way... who would actually want the action this high?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed it this morning. It the same with my case. The key touches the soft material but i think the material is soft enough (and has enough tolerance) not to move the tuning key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts