Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having trouble achieving stability with my "new" RG655. I bought it last month and it was on display for several months in the shop.

I tried setting it up and now it behaves strangely.

When I bend a string it falls out of tune dramatically, but if I do a dive-bomb with the trem it goes back in tune.

My relief is a bit high right now at about 1mm. I tried straightening the neck but got too much buzz on the low frets. All screws are tight and the studs are locked into place. I took apart the trem and the knife edges seem fine. The body inserts don't seem to have wobble but I'm not 100% sure.

What I do know is I adjusted the truss rod, adjusted the string height... it was way too high at 3mm at the 14th, now its about 2-2.5-ish.

I let it rest for an entire day thinking it was the springs needing to settle in but it behaved the same way the next day. I'm at a loss. Any help would be so appreciated.

P.S. The strings are new but broken in and seemed fine until I tried lowering the action. I think it's something to do with the springs if I had to guess.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts