Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received a guitar that I can't find in any of the Ibanez catalogs(Ibanezrules.com). It looks like a blue flame maple top RG570. The serial number dates to 1994. In 1995 they did make a flametop RG570 but they had all gold hardware. This one has Cosmo hardware.

Curiousity got to me so I yanked the neck and found RG670 on the back of both the neck and in the neck pocket of the body.

I checked Harmony Central for a review of an RG670 and found nothing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
OK, did some research on the net and found all the RG670's to be on European or Japanese websites. It's definitely not a USA model.

The RG670DX's seem to be in Europe and have pickguards. The RG670's seem to be in Japan and do NOT have pickguards.

The 2 I've found without pickguards have pickup rings around the 2 humbuckers. My humbuckers are screwed directly into the body without rings, like a current 3120.

Do I have an oddball RG? Rare?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I figured it out thanks to the search function here on jemsite.com. The one confusing thing is that mine has a 1994 serial number. Apparently, it's a 1995 RG570CT. It must have been made in late 1994 as a 95 model.

There were a couple people out here who have RG670 on the necks of their 95 RG570CT's. Mine is the same way. On the body, there is a hole going thru the first letter after the RG. What I thought was a 6 is probably a 5. The clincher is that after the RG5(6)70 is the letters CT. That means it must be a RG570CT with RG670 on the neck.

Somebody has swiped the gold hardware and replaced it with mismatched parts. I guess I get to go parts hunting now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.