Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wanna put 10's on it instead of 9's that came with it,do I need to adjust the bridge for this minor increase of string gauge increase?If so do I just turn those two screws in the front of the bridge plate clock wise?

Also where can I get 7 string replacement parts to upgrade my Rg7321 I can't find anything!I appreciate your help guys!

Btw:

I wanna upgrade the bridge,nut,tuners and pups

I wanna make it a custom.

·
Registered
617 Posts
You won't be able to upgrade the bridge without performing MAJOR changes to the guitar. Check any online guitar-store for the other components. As far as the strings go - the truss rod is in need of adjusting when switching to a thicker gauge, rather than the bridge. Sure, you will need to spend some time with intonation, but that's not as important as neck-warping.
And the two small screws on each side of each string on the bridge adjusts the string height. For intonation, use the star-screws on the back of the bridge.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Roland for info!!!!Probaly the weakest feature on this guitar is the tuners and thats the hardest thing Iam having to find they are plenty six!

Should I just get a six and than one?Btw first seven...lol

·
Registered
617 Posts
You can't find 7-inline tuners. Believe me, I've tried - your best bet is to find a place that sells sets and individual tuners, so buy a set of sixes, then another individual tuner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.