Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but I'm having trouble sorting through the info. I recently acquired a very beat up RG770DX body. It came with all of the hardware and electronics, it needs a thorough cleaning. The biggest hurdle to get past at this point is finding a neck that will fit this guitar. Proving to be fairly difficult. I'm not even dead-set on the model-appropriate neck, just something that will fit and work.

Any experience out there as to what model necks will be cross-compatible? I would like to avoid having to heavily modify the body as that will make the whole project more expensive.

Open to suggestions, please and thank you!

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere, but I'm having trouble sorting through the info. I recently acquired a very beat up RG770DX body. It came with all of the hardware and electronics, it needs a thorough cleaning. The biggest hurdle to get past at this point is finding a neck that will fit this guitar. Proving to be fairly difficult. I'm not even dead-set on the model-appropriate neck, just something that will fit and work.

Any experience out there as to what model necks will be cross-compatible? I would like to avoid having to heavily modify the body as that will make the whole project more expensive.

Open to suggestions, please and thank you!
Depends on if it is an original or reissue. If original, any square heel 5XX series or 7XX series 24 fret neck will fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts