Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this guitar at www.lamusic.ca

They are the biggest Canadian online music store, but they have an actual store too.

I went in to see a whole wall of prestige and right in the middle is the RG8270, I dont have the money for it yet....but i had never seen it before and i cant find anything on the ibanez website.

they told me its only available in japan, ultra rare model....what do you guys know about it?

http://www.lamusic.ca/default.asp?nCategory=349&ProductName=RG8270&PID=12449#

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, that's a super rare find - And yes, you're right, they are only availible to the Japanese market...Whoever snags that guitar will have a super rare instrument. They're being called the top model in the J Custom line for 2005. This is the finest guitar Ibanez makes, by far. Good luck on it!

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
Scarlett Singlecut said:
This is the finest guitar Ibanez makes, by far.
Sorta, kinda...not really ;) It may very well be the nicest bolt on solid body currently available from Ibanez though. Ibanez makes a number of other guitars at least as high end as this one; the PM-100 and 120 immediately come to mind.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Perhaps I can shed some light on this.

That RG8270 you see at LAMUSIC is part of the small batch that Efkay(the Canadian Ibanez distributor) brought over this year. If I recall the only colors they managed to get in were Black Onyx and Vintage Violin. I forgot the #'s the brought in but I know they brought in a small number of them.

(Interestingly aparently I'm allowed to actually order a replacement neck for an RG8270 as well. Too bad I can't get a replacement neck for one of my RG8670s)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
It's 6% duty on guitars over here in Canada, but it's 15% tax so importing one will cost 21% more :sad: But at $2699, it that ain't that bad considering it's roughly the same price as a Jem7V up here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I went into the store today, i gotta say...this thing is amazing. They also had a JS-1000, and 2 Jems- the white, and the mirror. I played all of them, and by far - the 8270 was my favorite. It feels like a jem...sort of, but plays much better. The neck is stellar, and the edge pro bridge was everything i'd hoped. And all this at $2699 CANADIAN??! wow...i'm seriously considering throwing this on layaway, or financing.

-K

·
Registered
540 Posts
xklusivly4u said:
8270 is a nice guitar. But with this price tag, Ibanez should make them with matching head stock like 8670.
they should do a lot of things but they dont ;)

i like the headstock and all the 2005 prestige range are the same (i think)

also go buy it it really is a sweet guitar :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
8270 is a nice guitar. But with this price tag, Ibanez should make them with matching head stock like 8670.
I think the striped ebony headstock looks more 'up market' and classy in some ways (think PRS Artist) than the matching headstock (I have JC's with both btw) and I think you'll find it's at least as expensive as flame maple, so kinda makes 'em special in my book.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.