Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Rich is the one man who knows more than EVERYONE I know about these things; trust this man and buy from him.

he is honest and the most reliable independent Ibanez dealer left on the planet

I think it’s a great model so don’t hesitate to reach out to Rich, you can’t find a better guy to buy from (IbanezRules!)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I’ve been looking at Ibanez’ site and they have some stunners. I actually found a premium model with an original Edge, which I like and Jescar Evo gold frets with EMG’s. It is quite a bit less than the couple of Prestige models I was looking at, and the same price as a prestige that has the lo pro edge and what I am assuming is nickel silver frets. If it were stainless it would say so in the description.

I think I am going to wait on one of these higher end models, as I am having a hard time finding one equipped the way I want. I think I am going to get RG6PKAG. It checks all of the boxes.

It checks the non nickel silver frets box….it has Jescar EVO Gold frets. It checks the Edge box (I love that trem and haven’t been impressed with their different versions other than the one on my Jem)

And it has EMG active pups. Ibanez had several models that I am rejecting because of Fishman pups, along with different bridges. I guess I am too old school.:unsure:

Anyway the RG6PKAG is natural satin finished, which I don’t usually care for, but I am not going to notice it while I’m playing it.

I sold a Jackson Pro Soloist and a Kramer SM-1 last week, and that will almost cover the the new Premium. So what the heck!

·
Vendor
26,747 Posts
That's why it's the only Premium [non sig] I stock, it just has the right specs. I'd prefer a real 4mm top but it would be $400 more, or more.

The only stainless and EVO's they've used on JC's have been limiteds and Sugi's and they've all been expensive, $5-7000 range.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's why it's the only Premium [non sig] I stock, it just has the right specs. I'd prefer a real 4mm top but it would be $400 more, or more.

The only stainless and EVO's they've used on JC's have been limiteds and Sugi's and they've all been expensive, $5-7000 range.
Yeah, they could have had my money if they did the J Custom with stainless. Well I went ahead and ordered the RG6PKAG ( I had some credit due to a return). We shall see how I like it. The main criteria I had was that it have the standard Edge bridge. I like the regular old edge better than some of these new variants. And due to the bar not coming unscrewed partially and loose, I am able to do much more with the edge than I was with the OFR.

I sold a Jackson Pro Soloist and a Kramer SM-1 with an FRT Floyd last week, and I am probably going to sell my new since November Les Paul Studio, and my Jem Jr next week. nothing wrong with them, I just am not playing them. Although, I am considering keeping the LP studio as I got it as a straight across trade for a Kramer last year.

I don’t think I could justify buying a 5 thousand dollar or more guitar for myself. The only really expensive guitar I have is a Brian May replica. I bought it as a demo from the maker for 4300 bucks. Some guy just sold one on reverb just like mine, same maker and model, for 8k. And last Year a guy off one of the forums offered me 10k for it. There are some branding and trademark issues with mine that make it a little more valuable than some of the others. I bought it to play and when I am dead and gone my son can sell it.

All of my other guitars, except for a luthier built classical, and the Premium Jem, are under 1K, with a few being under 500 bucks.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does the RG6PKAG come with locking studs?
I don’t know, I would venture to say it probably does as my edge on my premium Jem has them. I’m not an expert. I just recently discovered the way the Jem and RG models fit me, and it’s almost as if they were made just for me. I wear my guitar up high, and the belly cut on the RG and Jem fit perfectly against my ribs.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don’t know, I would venture to say it probably does as my edge on my premium Jem has them. I’m not an expert. I just recently discovered the way the Jem and RG models fit me, and it’s almost as if they were made just for me. I wear my guitar up high, and the belly cut on the RG and Jem fit perfectly against my ribs.
Rich answered yes! Thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Yeah, they could have had my money if they did the J Custom with stainless. Well I went ahead and ordered the RG6PKAG ( I had some credit due to a return). We shall see how I like it. The main criteria I had was that it have the standard Edge bridge. I like the regular old edge better than some of these new variants. And due to the bar not coming unscrewed partially and loose, I am able to do much more with the edge than I was with the OFR.

I sold a Jackson Pro Soloist and a Kramer SM-1 with an FRT Floyd last week, and I am probably going to sell my new since November Les Paul Studio, and my Jem Jr next week. nothing wrong with them, I just am not playing them. Although, I am considering keeping the LP studio as I got it as a straight across trade for a Kramer last year.

I don’t think I could justify buying a 5 thousand dollar or more guitar for myself. The only really expensive guitar I have is a Brian May replica. I bought it as a demo from the maker for 4300 bucks. Some guy just sold one on reverb just like mine, same maker and model, for 8k. And last Year a guy off one of the forums offered me 10k for it. There are some branding and trademark issues with mine that make it a little more valuable than some of the others. I bought it to play and when I am dead and gone my son can sell it.

All of my other guitars, except for a luthier built classical, and the Premium Jem, are under 1K, with a few being under 500 bucks.
Good choice
Congrats and hope you like it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.