·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I bought an RG870FE around a year ago - lovely guitar, funnily enough this
one in fact.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f16/hi-everyone-im-new-amp-so-is-this-66731.html

I've liked it so much when an RG8670TV (will post pics if interested) came on the bay I had to have it as well.

Both great guitars, but I was wondering are the neck dimensions supposed to be the same? the 8670 seems to feel slightly thicker, maybe more rounded in my hand - not sure if I'm imagining it.

Cheers

JTB

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
The only difference listed in the specs is the thickness at the 12th fret. It's 19mm on your RG8470 and 20mm on your RG8670.

Are you sure you aren't talking about an RG8570TT? There's been one of those kicking around the bay for a while. That has a totally different neck.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Wow, looks fantastic! Especialy the ebony board and the abalone inlays. Looks to be significantly more high end abalone than they use on other Ibanez (even the Jems). Definitely more colorful than some of the stuff you see.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Wow, looks fantastic! Especialy the ebony board and the abalone inlays. Looks to be significantly more high end abalone than they use on other Ibanez (even the Jems). Definitely more colorful than some of the stuff you see.
Abalone is always coloured, it's mother of pearl that is more subtle. There is both on the JC vine inlay, but just mop on the Jem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The vines are definitely different between the two guitars.

I think the 8470 has abalone and mother of pearl for the leaves with a 'pearl effect - mother of pearl?' stem.

It looks like the 8670 has abalone and bits of mirror for the leaves with a wood stem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts